The Shredding Company only use our own vehicles to service our clients throughout the UK. Currently, we have 25 vehicles in operation with only new vehicles being purchased. They are sign written and serviced and maintained per the manufacturer's specifications. They are also registered to carry waste.
All of our vehicles have the following security measures fitted as standard:
- Central locking, alarm and immobiliser
- RoadHawk front facing dash cameras
- Fire extinguishers
We monitor all of our vehicles via Abax software, which allows us to see live GPS web tracks of the vehicles. This means we can carry out effective route planning and use of our vehicles and is a further commitment to our environmental creditability. In addition to this, all of our drivers have a hands-free mobile phone kit which allows them to notify us of any delays or concerns. We then proactively contact our customers should we expect a delay. All drivers are The Hill Company employees and wear corporate uniforms and display ID badges. All drivers are CRB/DBS checked upon employment.
All of The Shredding Companies facilities are modern buildings constructed to the highest specification.
To ensure that your items are safe at all times, all The Shredding Company sites have the following security measures in place as standard:
- Perimeter fencing – around the entirety of all sites. All sites are standalone buildings with sole occupancy.
- Single gated entrance locked at all times – monitors the access of authorized staff and visitors.
- Visitors signed in and escorted at all times – prior to site visits, visitors and contractors are requested to complete visitor entry forms.
- Access control – all doors leading to the records centres and admin areas.
- Security lighting – lighting external areas to enable CCTV to record.
- Internal and external colour CCTV cameras for 24-hour surveillance recorded to a digital video recorder – digital recorder is located in a secure area and holds recordings for 30 days.
- NACOSS approved and maintained intruder alarms with GSM Redcare – intruder alarms are monitored 24/7 by a monitoring station. The monitoring station has written procedures in place in the event of any type of activation, for both security and fire alarms.
- Overnight patrols – random time inspections of the exterior of the building. These are outside normal working hours.
- Police and key holder response – intruder activations are alerted to the police and key holders by the monitoring station.
- Staff vetted – comprehensive vetting and reference procedures in place. This includes full documented inductions covering security and confidentiality procedures.
- Visitors policy - includes visitors surrendering phones and cameras at entry.