The Shredding Company passionately care about the environment. Not only do we ensure all documentation from our customers is shredded thoroughly and recycled, but we have also reduced our overall carbon footprint, this includes having 576 solar panels fitted to our Essex depot and ensuring that our buildings achieve a good standard of environmental performance.
The Shredding Company are an ISO 14001:2015 accredited company. We are committed to the goal of increasing the environmental sustainability of our operations and to establish an environmental programme which is integrated into our business objectives and programmes.
We recognise the social and economic importance of protecting the environment; that our commitment to this must encompass all activities and that we should be prepared to lead by example in promoting a sensitive, considered attitude to the environment.
Our approach to managing our environmental issues is compliant to ISO 14001:2015, the methodology we have adopted for determining the significance of the aspects and impacts, our environmental objectives and our defined environmental targets.
The Shredding Company are committed to reducing any harmful impact our operations have on the local and global environment. We will measure our impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement.
The Shredding Company can support your environmental credentials using some of the following examples:
- 100% of the paper we collect is recycled.
- Recycling paper helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions that can contribute to climate change.
- We continually invest in our environmental processes to further reduce our carbon footprint and that of our customers.
- We use low emission vehicles to collect your waste.
- Vehicle routes are carefully planned for efficiency.
- All vehicles are fitted with Abax to track routes, speed etc.
- Vehicle mileage is monitored daily and put on a comparison matrix to monitor mileage.