The Shredding Company cares about the environment. We ensure all shredded documentation from our customers is recycled. We also work hard to reduce our overall carbon footprint and environmental impact. This includes having 576 solar panels fitted to our Essex depot and ensuring that all our buildings achieve a good standard of environmental performance.
The Shredding Company are an ISO 14001:2015 accredited company. (14001:2015 sets the standard for Environmental Management Systems.) We are committed to the goal of increasing the environmental sustainability of our operations and to establish an environmental programme which is integrated into our business objectives and programmes.
We recognise the social and economic importance of protecting the environment. Our commitment to this encompasses all our activities, and we are prepared to lead by example in promoting a sensitive, considered attitude to the environment.
Our approach to managing our environmental issues is compliant to ISO 14001:2015, the methodology we have adopted for determining the significance of the aspects and impacts, our environmental objectives and our defined environmental targets.
The Shredding Company are committed to reducing any harmful impact our operations have on the local and global environment. We will measure our impact on the environment and set targets for ongoing improvement.
We are committed to running a ‘greener’ business and are constantly looking for ways to bring new efficiencies into our operations – over the last 2 years these have included the following initiatives:
- 100% of the paper we collect is recycled.
- Recycling paper helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions that can contribute to climate change.
- We continually invest in our environmental processes to further reduce our carbon footprint and that of our customers.
- We use low emission vehicles to collect your waste.
- Vehicle routes are carefully planned for efficiency.
- All vehicles are fitted with Abax to track routes, speed etc.
- Vehicle mileage is monitored daily and put on a comparison matrix to monitor mileage.